In a perfect world, every marriage would be happy and last “until death do us part.” In an imperfect world, however, divorce is a reality that eventually affects more than half of all married couples. While many people think of divorce as a messy, traumatic experience, it does not have to be. In fact, it is quite possible for a marriage to end amicably and for both partners to emerge from the process with their peace of mind intact. In general, such couples need just a little help to stay on the right path.
This is where divorce lawyer Michael Green can provide an invaluable service to East Brunswick and Fort Lee area couples looking to bring their marriages to peaceful conclusions and move on with their lives. He and his associates can provide assistance to you if you and your spouse wish to arrive at mutually agreeable terms through divorce mediation. Michael Green can refer you to a fair, experienced mediator and help to ensure that your divorce is handled as efficiently and as inexpensively as possible.
Uncontested divorce mediation is often recommended to couples who are looking for a peaceful resolution to their marriages. Contact Green & Associates today for further information about uncontested divorce mediation.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation
Uncontested divorce expert Michael Green works closely with several extremely experienced and skilled divorce mediators, and can recommend one that will help you and your spouse work toward an agreement that satisfies you both to the fullest degree possible. Divorce mediation offers many benefits over traditional divorce litigation, in that it:
- Is less expensive - It is far less expensive to have your divorce settled via mediation than through traditional divorce litigation.
- Is more efficient - Divorce mediation will allow you to settle your divorce quickly, without having to go through the courts. Generally, divorce mediation takes two to three months while divorce through the courts often takes a year or longer to finalize.
- Is less emotionally taxing - There are few things in life as painful as divorce. Divorce mediation allows you and your spouse to avoid airing your dirty laundry in front of the courts, giving you a far more discreet alternative.
- Allows you to keep the peace - Even if you enter into divorce litigation with the intention of keeping things civil between you and your spouse, the process will almost certainly lead to heated arguments and tremendous pain. Divorce mediation allows you to maintain a relatively peaceful relationship with your spouse; this can be particularly important if you have children.
- Is usually fair to both sides - Because the divorce agreement is reached with the assistance of a completely impartial mediator, there is less risk of one side being favored over the other.
Of course, divorce mediation isn’t appropriate for all couples. Some couples simply cannot arrive at an agreement that both sides deem fair. However, if you are inclined to seek a peaceful resolution to your marriage, an attorney can help. Contact divorce attorney Michael Green today for further information about your rights and options, including divorce mediation.