Share Us On:

Divorce - Types of Sanctions for Use in Motion Practice to Enforce Judgments

Aug 26, 2015 @ 02:52 PM — by Michael Green

There are times when a party to a divorce or after a divorce just won't follow the court orders.  Typically they are passive-aggressive in how they view the litigation or the results of a trial.  Often, they may litigate these motions after having representation on a "pro se" basis, meaning acting as their own attorney.  If after multiple attempts to have a party pay for alimony for example, they choose not to pay, or if they have agreed to distribute a retirement account and do not cooperate or do not follow through on the equitable distribution of personal items such as jewelry, it is possible to request that the court sanction the other party for every day that they refuse to follow the court's orders.  Sanctions may include daily monetary sanctions, revoking a party's driver's license or other professional licenses, and finally issuing a warrant for the individual's arrest.  If you have to enforce a court order and want help, call us at Green & Associates at 732-390-0480 at our East Brunswick office or 201-242-1119 in our Fort Lee office for a free consultation, night appointments are available.

Motion practice may be necessary to fight for your rights and enforce prior orders.  Whether it is postjudgment motion practice or motion practice pendente lite, pending your divorce, we can help you fight for your rights and enforce the court's orders.

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.