Share Us On:

Divorce - What If You Don't Have Money for Legal Fees to Initiate an Action for Divorce

Aug 31, 2015 @ 10:52 AM — by Michael Green

Often times there is a large disparity in income between the parties contemplating divorce.  This inherently creates unequal footing for any prospective litigation.  The party making little money may seem at a loss as to what their rights are and how to proceed with any divorce despite its necessity based on the circumstances of the parties.  The party with greater income may have gone so far as to stop paying bills, limiting credit cards or what the party with little money receives and the party with greater income may have left the marital residence and stopped paying for the mortgage, despite having monies to do so, letting the house go into foreclosure.  In this type of scenario, the party with lesser income may file for divorce and seek pendente lite support, support pending the divorce litigation and may also seek that a litigation fund be made available to them from the party with greater income.  If you find yourself in this situation, please call Green & Associates at 732-390-0480 in our East Brunswick office or 201-242-1119 in our Fort Lee office for a free consultation.  We can help you!  Night appointments are available and ask us about our flat fees for divorce.

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.