Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Divorce and Mediation v. an Uncontested Divorce

Oct 29, 2015 @ 06:24 PM — by Michael Green

We are often asked about when a couple should seek divorce mediation as opposed to an uncontested divorce. Many married parties wish to remain amicable durin their divorce and are seeking the best process to keep them amicable while they determine the terms of their divorce. Some parties do not wish to even file their complaint for divorce until they know the terms of their divorce in an effort to avoid a litigated divorce.

If parties are amicable but are having a problem determining the terms of their divorce, divorce mediation may be a choice.

Alternatively, if the parties essentially agree upon all the terms of their divorce, these parties may seek to have an uncontested divorce where the attorneys they hire seek to settle the case and not litigate the case. 

Child Custody in a Divorce Proceeding - The Process of Fighting for Your Rights in a Custody Battle

Oct 28, 2015 @ 11:48 AM — by Michael Green

The battle of child custody can be one of the most difficult issues in divorce.  If the parties cannot agree upon terms of custody up front, they may have no choice but to litigate the issue with motion practice, child custody experts and a trial as to the issue.

There are two types of custody, legal and physical.  Generally, legal custody will be shared by the parties, so both parties will have an equal say over the health, education and welfare of the child.  However, if one party is deemed to be incompetent as a parent or must have supervised visitation with the child legal custody may not rest with that parent.  Often these situations arise because the parent is a drug or alcholol problem or has a history of mental illness or other behavior that is inappropriate.

Divorce Proceedings and Flat Fees - When to Consider Alternatives to a Litigation Fight

Oct 26, 2015 @ 08:42 AM — by Michael Green

At Green & Associates, we are frequently asked, when do I fight, and when do I settle my divorce?  The answer, generally, is dependent on the facts and the parties of each case, so, it is often analyzed on a case by case basis.  However, there are some generalities regarding divorce litigation that may assist many when they are considering getting a divorce and wish to strategize how they may best proceed.  

Call us today at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119  to set up a free consultation to talk more about your divorce and whether you wish to proceed with an uncontested divorce or determine how best to formulate a litigation posture to fight for your rights!  We have night and weekend appointments.

Divorce Services in Middlesex, Somerset, Bergen, Monmouth, Mercer and Union Counties in New Jersey

Oct 23, 2015 @ 02:27 PM — by Michael Green

At Green & Associates, we provide divorce services through our offices in East Brunswick and Fort Lee, covering Middlesex, Somerset, Bergen, Monmouth, Mercer and Union Counties in New Jersey.   Our services include uncontested divorces, default divorces, contested divorces, and mediation-friendly divorces.  In addition to divorce services, we provide all manner of family law services, including post-judgment divorce motion practice, child custody and child support modification, alimony modification, college tuition and expenses motions, and relocation or removal motion practice. We offer flat fees for certain services and are mindful of litigation costs for our clients.  Call us now for a free consultation at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119, we offer night and weekend appointments as well.  

Motion for Removal or Relocation and College Tuition and Expenses

Oct 22, 2015 @ 09:41 AM — by Michael Green

Often during a divorce process or postjudgment after a divorce, one of the parties wishes to relocate out of the State of New Jersey with a child of the marriage.  If the other party does not consent to the removal of the child and if that issue is not part of a martrimonial settlement agreement, the parties will likely have to litigate this issue.  Those parties that are the parent of primary residence will have to show good cause for the removal, which may include the presence of a job or family or special services for the child in the State where the party wishes to relocate.  If you have relocation issue or issue regarding the payment of college tuition and expenses, call Green & Associates now to set up a free consultation as to how you may best proceed with your case at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119.

Motions for Post-Judgment Modifications of Child Support, Alimony, or Relocation

Oct 21, 2015 @ 01:10 PM — by Michael Green

Green & Associates can help you with your motions for post-judgment modifications of child support and modification of alimony or motions for relocation. We have helped numerous clients modify the terms of their Property Settlement Agreements and Matrimonial Settlement Agreements.

We have a wide range of experience in filing motions to modify child support and modify alimony terms. In addition, if you wish to file a motion for relocation, Green & Associates can help you. Relocation often involves a motion to the court that may then require a plenary hearing, a hearing where testimony is given by the parties and witnesses as regards a showing of good cause for the relocation.

Whatever your motion practice needs, Green & Associates can help you make your application to the court in a comprehensive manner. Call us today to help you with your motion at 732-390-0480 in our East Brunswick office or 201-242-1119 in our Fort Lee office.


Uncontested Divorce or Default Divorce - Save Time and Money

Oct 20, 2015 @ 10:25 AM — by Michael Green

Uncontested Divorce or Default Divorce are generally divorces where the parties are amicable and agree upon the terms of their divorce.  At Green & Associates, whether you are near our East Brunswick divorce office in Middlesex County or our Fort Lee divorce office in Bergen County, we can help you obtain an amicable uncontested divorce where you will pay less money and be divorced in less time.  Call us now at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119.

If someone wishes to obtain a divorce, generally, the divorce itself will be granted.  It is the terms of a divorce that may be contested by a party.  Where the parties generally know what terms they wish to have or the estates are not too complicated, an uncontested divorce or a default divorce may be just what they are looking for as a way to save time and money in the divorce process. Divorce mediation may not be necessary when the terms are basically agreed upon.


Alimony and Child Support Modification and Child Emancipation in Postjugment Divorce Motion Practice

Oct 19, 2015 @ 08:08 AM — by Michael Green

Modifications of child support and alimony are often two areas that parties of a divorce encounter after their divorce, in what is a postjudgment procedural stance. Generally, a motion for child support or alimony modification will have to be filed with the court.  In addition, emancipation of a child, may also drastically change the landscape as regards child support as well.  At Green & Associates, we can help you file your motion for child support or alimony modification, call us now at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation, and we will help you assess your particular case and what will be necessary to file your motion.

Generally, the standard is a substantial change in circumstance that necessitates modification.   Although, you may seek child support modification every three years as well.  In these matters, the parties will have to show their last three pay stubs and last years tax returns to support a modification.

Uncontested Divorce and Mediation - When They May Work For You

Oct 16, 2015 @ 01:25 PM — by Michael Green

An uncontested divorce may proceed with or without divorce mediation.  Generally, if the parties are amicable and are undecided on the terms of their divorce, divorce mediation may be a choice that they wish to pursue prior to retaining an attorney to file and put through their uncontested divorce.  If, however, the parties are generally in agreement on their terms of divorce, then mediation may not be necessary prior to retaining a divorce lawyer or divorce attorney.  

Either way, Green & Associates is here to help you through the process of a divorce, please call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation for your divorce.  We see clients on nights and weekends in our East Brunswick and Fort Lee offices as well.

A Simple or Easy Divorce, Is there such a thing, and when do Flat Fees Apply

Oct 15, 2015 @ 12:08 PM — by Michael Green

A lot of people look at their divorced friends or family and have heard war stories about the length of time a divorce may take and how it becomes a litigated or contested matter when they were seeking a simple or easy divorce.  Many people hope to find the most efficient process available to them to obtain their divorce to mitigate the emotional and psychological havoc it may bring to a family, let alone the potentially very large legal fees attached to a contested divorce.  At Green & Associates, we talk plainly to you about the alternatives, and whether or not you may obtain a relatively straightforward uncontested divorce.  Call us now for your free consultation at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119.  We encourage you to ask us about our flat fees for default divorces, uncontested divorces and annulments.