Share Us On:

Motions for Post-Judgment Modifications of Child Support, Alimony, or Relocation

Oct 21, 2015 @ 01:10 PM — by Michael Green

Green & Associates can help you with your motions for post-judgment modifications of child support and modification of alimony or motions for relocation. We have helped numerous clients modify the terms of their Property Settlement Agreements and Matrimonial Settlement Agreements.

We have a wide range of experience in filing motions to modify child support and modify alimony terms. In addition, if you wish to file a motion for relocation, Green & Associates can help you. Relocation often involves a motion to the court that may then require a plenary hearing, a hearing where testimony is given by the parties and witnesses as regards a showing of good cause for the relocation. Proofs of good cause that may include future employment, location of family or better educational opportunities for the children at issue may be necessary for the motion for relocation.

Modification of alimony may include the hiring of a detective to first prove a prima facie case of cohabitation. A court may then order a plenary hearing to take testimony and determine whether or not the party receiving alimony is being supported or supporting a non-relative cohabitating with them.

In situations where there has been a substantial change in circumstances, such as loss of employment, Green & Associates may assist you with your filing for a modification or reduction of alimony. In this instance, very often, the courts require a good faith showing that the party paying alimony has attempted over a long period of time, often six months to a year, to find new employment.

Whatever your motion practice needs, Green & Associates can help you make your application to the court in a comprehensive manner. Call us today to help you with your motion at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119  in our East Brunswick office or 201-242-1119 in our Fort Lee office.  As a divorce attorney and family lawyer, Mr. Green has significant experience in family law and divorce law.



Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.