Share Us On:

FD Dockets - Domestic Dockets and How They Differ from FM Dockets or Matrimonial Dockets

Nov 4, 2015 @ 05:41 PM — by Michael Green

The FD Docket is for cases that deal with domestic issues regarding child custody, child support and spousal support, but the parties may or may not have to be married to file a case under the FD or domestic docket.  Individuals that are seeking to deal with issues of child custody and child support and that are not married, may file under the FD docket.  Those individuals that wish to deal with the issues of custody, child support and spousal support, but do not yet wish to file a complaint for divorce, may also file under the FD docket without filing for a divorce.  Often with the FD docket, parties may file a complaint or motion with the Court and it is first heard by a probation officer, before it is heard by a Judge.  If the matter cannot be mediated by the probation officers, then the matter is heard by the Court.  If you wish to file an FD matter or need to defend against a FD matter, call Green & Associates in our Fort Lee office at 201-242-1119 or in our East Brunswick office at 732-390-0480 for a free consultation.  Nights and weekend appointments are available.

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.