Share Us On:

When You Should Have an Attorney for a Divorce v. A Do It Yourself Divorce

Nov 6, 2015 @ 02:21 PM — by Michael Green

With the Internet today and access to information online for divorce, many individuals think they can "do it yourself" or obtain a "packet of forms" from a center without attorneys or from the courts directly.  In some cases, that certainly is true.  But, for those cases where there is real property at issue, distribution of retirement accounts or pensions at issue, alimony at issue, you may be far better served by obtaining legal advice from an attorney experienced in divorce and family law matters.  When there is a lot of money at stake for the parties, sometimes it simply doesn't make sense to go the least expensive path when for a reasonable fee you can get professional advice from an experienced attorney that can help you navigate the pitfalls and let you know what you don't know about the process.  Filling out forms may be a relatively simple matter, but drafting a property settlement agreement with all the terms of your divorce is another matter entirely.  You do not want to create an agreement that is reversed by the Court in the future when one party or the other feels that they have not been treated fairly in the agreement.  

At Green & Associates, we have the necessary experience in divorce law and family law to give you the practical advice that you need to make the right decisions for yourself and your future.  And, we'll do it for reasonable fees, we can even offer you a flat fee for specific services, such as a limited uncontested divorce. Call us now in our East Brunswick office at 732-390-0480 or in our Fort Lee office at 201-242-1119 for a free consultation.  Night and weekend appointments are available.

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.