Share Us On:

Divorce and the Methods for Paying Child Support and Alimony

Apr 21, 2016 @ 10:50 AM — by Michael Green

Child Support and Alimony in divorce are generally court ordered to be paid, thereafter, as to how it is paid depends on the agreement of the parties or the order of the court.  It may be paid through the courts' probation department, an agency that handles the payments of child support and alimony.  Alternatively, it may be paid direct from one party to the other.  There are a variety of reasons for each method of payment.  If someone does not have a job where garnishment may occur, direct pay may be a better choice, or alternatively, the payor may pay direct to probation.  Those that are self-employed often wish to pay direct as cash flow in their business may be up and down, or they do not collect pay checks but distributions from their business on a regular basis.  Whatever your payment concerns as to child support or alimony, please call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation as to your divorce.  Our NJ divorce lawyer, NJ divorce attorney at Green & Associates, in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices, will be happy to discuss with you your options to save you time and money.  Ask us about our flat fees for limited uncontested divorces.  Night and weekend appointments available.  

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.