Share Us On:

Divorce and the Complaint for the Divorce, Initial Pleadings in New Jersey

Jun 13, 2016 @ 10:36 AM — by Michael Green

Initial pleadings for divorce that include the initial complaint for divorce and the answer and counterclaim, are general in nature in that New Jersey is a notice pleading state and parties only have to put the other party on notice of their claim and the general relief they may be asking for.  As part of the relief, generally it is requested of the Court for child support, alimony, primary physical custody and equitable distribution of property.  If you are seeking to getting divorce in New Jersey and looking for a NJ divorce attorney or NJ divorce lawyer, please call our office at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices.  We offer free consultations, flat fees for uncontested divorces and night appointments.  Fort Lee divorce or East Brunswick divorce or divorces in Middlesex County, Bergen County, Somerset County, Monmouth County, Union County, Mercer County, Essex County and surrounding areas are served.

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.