Share Us On:

NJ Divorce and Summer Camps - Who Pays and How Much

Jul 30, 2016 @ 12:40 PM — by Michael Green

NJ Divorce and Summer Camps - Who Pays and How Much.  In any divorce with children, the subject of extracurricular activities and who pays for them and how much generally always comes up.  Child support covers a roof over the child's head, food and clothing.  In addition, the Court Rules allow for it to also cover extracurricular activities that are educationally related.  However, activities that are seen to be in excess of what is normally a weekly activity are activities that are subject to payment by both parties e.g. tutoring, music lessons, sports that are "extraordinary".  So a category of extraordinary activities may be deemed to include all else and generally both parents elect to or consent to pay for these activities either equally or on a pro rata basis to their income.  A property settlement agreement generally will have a term that includes the breakdown of payment for these activities and what these activities may include.  Summer camp may be one of these activities.  An issue that may develop is what camp and how much both parties are willing to spend on such a camp.  Generally, the parties are to consent to how much they are willing to pay for these expenses.  If you are considering a divorce and have questions regarding extracurricular activities and payment for them, call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices.  Ask us about our flat fees for an uncontested divorce and how we may be able to help you save time and money in your New Jersey divorce.  Our NJ divorce attorney and NJ divorce lawyer can help you today.

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.