Share Us On:

NJ Divorce When Dealing with Foreign Defendants

Sep 23, 2016 @ 10:44 AM — by Michael Green

NJ Divorce When Dealing with Foreign Defendants.  Often in today's times, Defendants in a New Jersey Divorce live outside the United States, what does that mean in terms of accomplishing a divorce in New Jersey.  Generally, the main issue is service of process, serving in a way that is granted by the Court the Defendant the summons and complaint for divorce and any other documents necessary in the future of the litigation e.g. Notice of Proposed Judgment (if you are seeking child custody, child support, alimony or equitable distribution of assets or debts).  If you are only seeking a divorce, then service of the summons and complaint is what is necessary and if personal service cannot be accomplished then a Motion for Substituted Service or Service by Publication in a local newspaper, where the Defendant's last known address is, may be necessary.  If you need help divorcing someone in a foreign country, call us at Green & Associates, at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation in our East Brunswick divorce office or Fort Lee divorce offices.  We have divorced parties where the defendant is located in China, the Philippines, Russia, India, Pakistan, Dominican Republic, Haiti and other countries throughout the world.  Let our NJ divorce lawyer and NJ divorce attorney talk to you about your limited uncontested or default divorce in the New Jersey Family Court system today!

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.