Share Us On:

Tentative Decisions for PostJudgment Motions in a NJ Divorce

Nov 3, 2016 @ 11:00 AM — by Michael Green

Tentative Decisions for PostJudgment Motions in a NJ Divorce.  Often in postjudgment motions, the New Jersey Family Court Judges may issue a tentative order.  This is an order where the Court is giving notice to the parties of its likely final decision.  The parties have a right to ask for oral argument as to paragraphs of the order that they object to or they may waive their right to oral argument as to the tentative decision, essentially telling the Court that they have no objection to the terms of the Order as written in the Tentative Order.  If a party objects to a term of the tentative order, they have to tell the court in writing what terms they object to and why.  Ultimately, the Court may then order the parties to oral argument over the issues that are objectionable to one party or the other.  If both parties find no terms objectionable, then the Court will enter the Tentative Order as written without any changes.  If you are seeking to file a postjudgment motion to your divorce over terms such as modification of child support, modification of alimony, termination of alimony, relocation of a child, child custody motion, college tuition or expenses, call us at Green & Associates, at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick divorce or Fort Lee divorce and Family law offices for a free consultation with our NJ divorce attorney or NJ divorce lawyer.  Flat fees for motions are available.

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.