Share Us On:

New Jersey Divorce and Korean Divorce and Bank Accounts

Dec 13, 2016 @ 05:00 PM — by Michael Green

New Jersey Divorce and Korean Divorce and Bank Accounts 

There are certain laws in Korea that may require that a spouse that is a student may not keep certain amount of funds in their bank account.  In addition, monies that are transferred in large amounts to students in the United States from Korea, may have to be transferred for the express purpose of use for tuition.

If you are seeking a New Jersey Divorce where there are issues regarding a Korean marriage or Korean Divorce and the equitable distribution of premarital money or comingled money in bank accounts, call us at Green & Associates at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation in our East Brunswick divorce or Fort Lee divorce offices with our NJ divorce lawyer and NJ divorce attorney. Night and weekend appointments are available.

These issues may require that a married Korean couple may have to transfer funds from the spouse who is a student in the U.S. into an account of the other spouse.  This may cause an issue regarding comingling of funds of monies that were intended solely for the spouse that is a student in the U.S. As a result, if these parties then seek a divorce, the issue of the intention of the monies and whether or not monies were comingled may be an issue for negotiation in any divorce.  Equitable distribution of funds sent from a family in Korea to their child who is studying in the United States would then be an issue for the divorce and a determination of how these monies must be split must be made by the parties or it will have to be litigated in court.  

Comments (0)

Public comments are closed.