Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Postjudgment Divorce Motions for Auditing Child Support, Alimony and other Expenses

Apr 27, 2016 @ 02:18 PM — by Michael Green

If you have been divorced and after some amount of time, you and your spouse may have payments to each other for child support, alimony and other shared expenses for the children such as work-related childcare.  If you have a dispute regarding these items and the amounts paid and when they were paid, you may require a motion to be filed to resolve these issues.  Such an accounting of these items can be an exhaustive process, with both parties submitting proofs that seemingly contradict each other.  If you have to file such a postjudgment motion, please call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee Offices to schedule a free consultation with our NJ divorce lawyer or NJ divorce attorney, Michael S. Green.  His years of experience with such motions will assist you in your filing. Call us today!

Flat Fee Divorce, Uncontested Divorce, Annulments and Simple Divorces

Apr 25, 2016 @ 08:52 AM — by Michael Green

Divorce and Flat Fees, Uncontested Divorce, Annulments and Simple Divorces.  If you are seeking a divorce for a flat fee, have an uncontested divorce, a relatively simple divorce or an annulment, call our offices in East Brunswick or Fort Lee at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation.  Our NJ divorce lawyer and NJ divorce attorney will talk to you directly about our flat fees for certain limited uncontested divorces that might be available to you.  Save time, save money, call Green & Associates today!

Divorce and the Methods for Paying Child Support and Alimony

Apr 21, 2016 @ 10:50 AM — by Michael Green

Child Support and Alimony in divorce are generally court ordered to be paid, thereafter, as to how it is paid depends on the agreement of the parties or the order of the court.  It may be paid through the courts' probation department, an agency that handles the payments of child support and alimony.  Alternatively, it may be paid direct from one party to the other.  There are a variety of reasons for each method of payment.  If someone does not have a job where garnishment may occur, direct pay may be a better choice, or alternatively, the payor may pay direct to probation.  Those that are self-employed often wish to pay direct as cash flow in their business may be up and down, or they do not collect pay checks but distributions from their business on a regular basis.  Whatever your payment concerns as to child support or alimony, please call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation as to your divorce. 

Divorce and Psychiatric Issues

Apr 18, 2016 @ 01:29 PM — by Michael Green

Often in divorce, psychiatric issues arise, some need to be handled by an expert that then renders an opinion to the Court, others have to be dealt with directly by the parties that require therapy for the parties or their children.  Psychiatric issues can be very complicated when dealing with divorce, if you have questions regarding how family law and divorce law can intersect with issues of psychology or psychiatry, please call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119.  Our NJ divorce lawyer or NJ divorce attorney can speak with you directly in a free consultation regarding your issues of divorce or child custody or other matters that may deal with a psychiatrist or psychologist or therapy for the parties or their children.

Divorce and Religious Rights

Apr 14, 2016 @ 01:00 PM — by Michael Green

There are instances where in a divorce, the parties are very concerned that their religious rights are upheld.  For example, parties may wish for their children to follow their religion and attend religious school.  Terms such as this may be incorporated in a Property Settlement Agreement and the parties can ensure that going forward, both parties follow the terms that ensure that their children are brought up in a specific religion with specific teachings.  If you are seeking a divorce and have religious issues that need to be addressed in any property settlement agreement, please call our office for a free consultation at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in East Brunswick or Fort Lee.  We have night and weekend appointments and ask us about our flat fee for specific services such as a limited uncontested divorce or default divorce or annulment. 

Divorce and Abusive Relationships,Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders

Apr 12, 2016 @ 01:27 PM — by Michael Green

Unfortunately, too often parties may be in an abusive relationship in their marriage, such that a restraining order may be necessary to consider.  Parties that are being harassed by threatening phone calls, texts, or emails, may have to file a domestic violence complaint to obtain a restraining order so that the abusive party will cease their harassment.  If there is actual physical violence, than an assault may have occurred and that too would be grounds for the filing of a domestic violence complaint. If you have an upcoming TRO hearing and wish to have legal representation or wish to amend a TRO or FRO filed against you, please call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee office.   We have night and weekend appointments.  Ask us about our flat fees for your restraining order representation.

Divorce and Selling the Marital Residence, Your Contract for Sale

Apr 7, 2016 @ 07:53 AM — by Michael Green

As part of any divorce, you may have to list your marital residence for sale.  There are a number of issues along the way.  First, you have to list the property, with the listing, you have to determine which exclusions, if any, you wish to have as to the sale.  Exclusions may include light fixtures or even a hot tub.  In any contract for sale, there may be other issues you wish to cover, including contingencies, such as a mortgage contingency.  In this case, the contract may not go through unless the other party gets a mortgage.  The parties then enter attorney review of the contract and after all terms are agreed upon, they come out of attorney review, typically within three days.  Thereafter, there will be an inspection of the property and the seller has to cure those issues found with the property as requested by buyer or give the buyer a credit for what is not being cured or fixed.