Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Divorce and Family Law around Christmas and New Years, We're Available for Consultations, Ask Us About Our Flat Fees

Dec 23, 2015 @ 02:03 PM — by Michael Green

Divorce and Family Law around Christmas and New Years, Ask Us About Our Flat Fees.  Generally, around this time of year, issues of divorce or family law are difficult for parties to deal with.  But, there are those that which to move forward with these issues in anticipation of the New Year.  For those that do, Green & Associates offers flat fees or flat rates for limited uncontested divorces and for certain other services such as certain postjudgment motions.  If you are thinking about moving forward with a divorce or motion, call us in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee office at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation.  We are available during the holiday season, including divorce lawyer and divorce attorney and family lawyer, Michael Green, and will be in the office this week and next week to answer your questions or to schedule consultations.

Divorce and Child Support - Paying Direct to a Former Spouse v. Paying Direct to the Probation Department v. Wage Garnishment

Dec 22, 2015 @ 04:16 PM — by Michael Green

Child support is generally paid through the probation department of the courts, a state entity, that is essentially a state disbursement unit or SDU.  If the parties agree otherwise, it may be paid directly from one party to the other.  if you are paying through probation, you may pay direct to probation or you may have your wages garnished by probation.  Either way, the money is received from probation and then disbursed to the custodial parent.  The non-custodial parent is paying the child support.  

Areas that Our Offices Serve for Divorce and Family Law

Dec 7, 2015 @ 06:23 PM — by Michael Green

Please be advised that we served the following areas for divorce law and family law:

East Brunswick office:  East Brunswick, Old Bridge, Monroe Township, Piscataway, Sayreville, Spotswood, Parlin, Milltown, Somerset, Franklin Park, South Brunswick, North Brunswick, Edison, Iselin.

Fort Lee Office:  Fort Lee, Cliffside Park, Leonia, Edgewater, Teaneck, Palisades Park, Englewood, Ridgefield, Fairview, Bogota, Little Ferry. 

Generally, we serve the following counties in New Jersey:  Middlesex (New Brunswick courthouse), Bergen (Hackensack courthouse), Monmouth (Freehold courthouse), Mercer (Trenton courthouse) , Union (Elizabeth courthouse), Essex (Newark courthouse), Hudson (Jersey City courthouse).


Motions for Post-Judgment Modifications of Child Support, Alimony, or Relocation

Oct 21, 2015 @ 01:10 PM — by Michael Green

Green & Associates can help you with your motions for post-judgment modifications of child support and modification of alimony or motions for relocation. We have helped numerous clients modify the terms of their Property Settlement Agreements and Matrimonial Settlement Agreements.

We have a wide range of experience in filing motions to modify child support and modify alimony terms. In addition, if you wish to file a motion for relocation, Green & Associates can help you. Relocation often involves a motion to the court that may then require a plenary hearing, a hearing where testimony is given by the parties and witnesses as regards a showing of good cause for the relocation.

Whatever your motion practice needs, Green & Associates can help you make your application to the court in a comprehensive manner. Call us today to help you with your motion at 732-390-0480 in our East Brunswick office or 201-242-1119 in our Fort Lee office.


Economic Mediation as Part of the Divorce Process - What You Need to Know

Jul 22, 2015 @ 04:30 PM — by Michael Green

As part of any divorce that litigates towards trial, the parties will be Court ordered to economic mediation if the case is not settled after Early Settlement Panel and is heading towards trial.   A mediator, typically a lawyer, will be appointed by the Court, generally chosen by the attorneys involved and the parties will have to pay that mediator for their time.  The first two hours of economic mediation are free, thereafter, the parties pay the mediator on an hourly basis.  

Michael Green of Green & Associates has a wealth of experience in economic mediation and will assist you throughout the process, call us at 732-390-0480 in our East Brunswick office or 201-242-1119 in our Fort Lee office to set up an appointment for a free consultation regarding economic mediation and how it fits in your divorce process today!  We serve Middlesex, Bergen, Somerset, Monmouth, Union, Mercer and Essex counties.

Default divorces, Mediation-Friendly Divorces, Flat Fees and What You Need to Know

Jun 11, 2015 @ 12:41 PM — by Michael Green

In an amicable, uncontested divorce setting, where the parties are essentially agreed upon terms before or after a mediation, the parties may either go forward with a default divorce or an uncontested divorce.  At Green & Associates, we can help you through this process generally with flat fees.  In such a situation, generally, the parties are also seeking to avoid costly divorce litigation.  Call us now at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation regarding an amicable divorce for a flat fee.

Divorce Attorney in East Brunswick and Fort Lee

Jun 8, 2015 @ 04:06 PM — by Michael Green

Whether you are seeking an uncontested divorce or to litigate your divorce, Green & Associates can help you.  Please call our office at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation in either our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices.

Flat Fees for Uncontested Divorce and Annulments

Jun 2, 2015 @ 10:05 AM — by Michael Green

At Green & Associates, we understand that legal fees for amicable divorces are an issue and we're here to help you.  Call us today at 732-390-0480 for a free consultation and ask us about our flat fees for uncontested divorces.