Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Call today for Your Free Consultation for an Uncontested Divorce

Mar 30, 2018 @ 11:38 AM — by Michael Green

Call us today in our East Brunswick divorce or Fort Lee divorce offices for your free consultation as to an uncontested divorce, contested divorce, postjudgment motion, after divorce motion, child relocation motion, alimony modification motion or other family law matters at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices.  Our experienced litigator, Michael Green, with 20 years of litigation experience will help you today!  Call now!  Weekend and Night appointments available.  Ask us about our flat fees for uncontested divorces.

Free Divorce Consultation for New Jersey, Call Today!

Dec 18, 2017 @ 02:07 PM — by Michael Green

Call today for a free divorce consultation for New Jersey at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices.  Ask us about our flat fee for an uncontested divorce or annulment!

Free Divorce Consultation in East Brunswick or Fort Lee Offices

Nov 7, 2017 @ 11:03 AM — by Michael Green


If you are seeking a free divorce consultation with an experienced NJ divorce lawyer, call us now in our East Brunswick divorce office or our Fort Lee divorce office today at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119.  Call now!  And, if you have a New Jersey uncontested divorce, annulment or default divorce, ask us about our flat fees and flat rates!

Presenting Evidence in a Postjudgment Divorce Plenary Hearing

Jul 6, 2016 @ 11:20 PM — by Michael Green

Presenting Evidence in a Postjudgment Divorce Plenary Hearing.  Very often today, Judges are ordering plenary hearings for a variety of prejudgment and postjudgment divorce motions that are filed, examples include motions for a change in custody, child support modification, alimony modification, relocation motions, college expenses and college tuition motions.  For all of these motions, the parties have to present evidence in a mini-trial, a plenary hearing to the Judge, and they testify and may have witnesses testify.  Your evidence must be marked as exhibits generally prior to the plenary hearing so it may be presented to the witnesses in their testimony and the evidence may be submitted to the court to use to render its decision.  It is very important that your evidence supports your claims and easy for the Judge to understand.  

If You Are Seeking a Divorce, Call Us Now for a Free Consultation!

Jun 27, 2016 @ 08:49 PM — by Michael Green

If you are seeking a divorce, call us now at Green & Associates, for a free consultation.  Ask us about our flat fees and night appointements are available.  Call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick divorce and family law or Fort Lee divorce and family law offices.

Divorce and Moving Out of the House, When is the Time Right?

Jun 23, 2016 @ 07:09 AM — by Michael Green

Generally, a party may move out of a marital residence during the marriage and not lose their rights to the equity in the marital home. They may however lose possession or the right to stay in the marital home.  The other party may for instance change the locks on the doors if the other party has made it clear that they no longer will be living in the marital home and that they have now moved out into a new residence.  If you have children and you leave the marital home without the children, it may affect your rights as to being the parent of primary residence in the future, unless you immediately establish a parenting schedule and have the children stay overnights with you in some manner.  These issues are discretionary for a court and make sure you obtain proper legal advice before moving out of your marital residence.

Divorce, Child Custody, Modification of Alimony and Child Support and Plenary Hearings

Jun 22, 2016 @ 03:07 PM — by Michael Green

In today's courts, many of them order a plenary hearing in dealing with issues regarding a change of custody and modification of alimony.  If there is a prima facie case that shows there is a basis for ruling that there has been a substantial change in custody than the court may order a plenary hearing.  A plenary hearing is essentially a mini-trial where the parties give testimony and offer evidence into the court.  If you have a plenary hearing ordered by the court and you need an experienced divorce attorney for representation in a divorce, call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation in our Fort Lee or East Brunswick offices.  We offer night appointments as well with our NJ divorce attorney and NJ divorce lawyer for your New Jersey divorce.

It's Officially Summer, Beach, Sand and Sun - How the Summer Season May or May Not Affect Your Divorce

Jun 20, 2016 @ 10:11 AM — by Michael Green

It may not occur to you, but when you divorce and what season you choose to file your divorce may have ramifications on your divorce. Come summertime, the Courts just don't move as fast.  Parties may file, but often parties and attorneys and judges may be on vacation.  The courts don't stop by any means, but there is a bit of slowdown during the summer season.  At least that is my perception from years of practice.  Should it affect when you file, no,.  If you are planning to have fun this summer down the beach, taking in the waves and sand and sun, enjoy, but if it is also your intention to go forward with a divorce, you should.  Call us at Green & Associates about your divorce filing today, at 732-390-2093 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices.  We offer free consulations and flat fees for certain services such as an uncontested divorce and offer night appointments as well.  

Divorce and QDROs for Pensions, Retirement Accounts, 401ks, and Annuities

Jun 16, 2016 @ 01:31 PM — by Michael Green

In a divorce, where pensions and retirement or tax-deferred accounts such as 401ks and annuities are distributed, the parties generally have to have them split by a QDRO or Qualified Domestic Relations Order.   IRAs generally may not need a QDRO under applicable law.  Generally, 401ks and annuities are distributed into a rollover IRA.  The marital coverture period, generally, from the date of the marriage to the date of the complaint for divorce filing, is that period where the accounts accrue that is distributed.  Generally, the distribution is 50/50 for whatever accrued during the marital coverture period. If you have questions regarding QDROs and the equitable distribution of pensions or tax deferred or retirement accounts, please call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices. Free consultations and night appointments are available.  Ask us about our flat fees for an uncontested divorce.

Employability Experts and Divorce

Jun 15, 2016 @ 03:07 PM — by Michael Green

If a party to a divorce has recently lost their job, it may be important for the other party to obtain an employability expert, an expert who can opine as to what kind of employment the other party may be qualified for and what income that party could make in today's economy.  Often such an expert is engaged after discovery but prior to Early Settlement Panel and Economic mediation.  Employability experts are important when a party is claiming they can no longer earn the kind of income they did in a previous job or when it is difficult to impute or obtain consent for imputation of income for purposes of determining alimony and child support in the future.   If you have questions regarding such issues in your divorce, please call us in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation.  We have night appointments as well.