Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

NJ Domestic Violence Lawyer, NJ Restraining Order Lawyer

Jan 12, 2018 @ 10:59 AM — by Michael Green


If you have filed or need to file or have filed against you a New Jersey Domestic Violence Complaint or New Jersey Temporary Restraining Order and need representation for your Final Restraining Order hearing, call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation in our Fort Lee or East Brunswick offices.  We offer flat fees for certain services related to your NJ domestic violence complaint or NJ restraining order.  We also offer NJ divorce services and flat fees for specific services as well.  Call us today at Green & Associates with 20 years of litigation experience to help you!

NJ Divorce and Domestic Violence and New Jersey Restraining Orders vs. New York Restraining Orders

Aug 10, 2016 @ 11:05 AM — by Michael Green

NJ Divorce and Domestic Violence and New Jersey Restraining Orders vs. New York Restraining Orders.  Often during a divorce or postjudgment of a New Jersey divorce, parties may have issues with each other which may result in repetitive acts that are annoying to the point of alarm which would meet the standard for a claim of harassment or threats that may rise to the level of terroristic threats.  If the other party does not stop the behavior after being made aware that their behavior is inappropriate, then a filing of a domestic violence complaint may be necessary and warranted.  A Temporary Retraining Order may then be issued by the County Court and a Final Restraining Order hearing is then scheduled for a Judge to determine if the standard of the statutes has been met requiring a Final Restraining Order. 

Divorce and Abusive Relationships,Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders

Apr 12, 2016 @ 01:27 PM — by Michael Green

Unfortunately, too often parties may be in an abusive relationship in their marriage, such that a restraining order may be necessary to consider.  Parties that are being harassed by threatening phone calls, texts, or emails, may have to file a domestic violence complaint to obtain a restraining order so that the abusive party will cease their harassment.  If there is actual physical violence, than an assault may have occurred and that too would be grounds for the filing of a domestic violence complaint. If you have an upcoming TRO hearing and wish to have legal representation or wish to amend a TRO or FRO filed against you, please call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee office.   We have night and weekend appointments.  Ask us about our flat fees for your restraining order representation.

Risk Assessments and Experts - What You Need to Know

Feb 5, 2016 @ 02:55 PM — by Michael Green

Risk assessments are often required when one party or the other has acted in such a way that there is an issue as to whether or not that party is a risk to the parties' children.  A risk assessment is often ordered after domestic violence has occurred or if a party has a substance abuse problem or if there have been other issues directly with the children.  Often the behavior at issue is independent of any prior acts of risk with the children and a professional such as a psychologist must perform a risk assessment to make sure the behavior of the party has either changed or even with it, they are of no risk to the children.  Parties with children, whether they are getting a divorce or not, are subject to a risk assessment.  Often a court will order a specific professional for the risk assessment, unfortunately, a big factor in the assessment is the cost.

Divorce and Substance Abuse

Jan 20, 2016 @ 02:37 PM — by Michael Green

Divorce and Substance Abuse.  Unfortunately, more and more, divorce and substance abuse go hand in hand.  There are many times where one party may have a substance abuse issue that causes or contributes to a divorce.  In those instances, that substance abuse may have to be dealt within the terms of the divorce, especially if there are past instances of domestic violence or if there are children involved. If there are children involved, the court may determine that a risk assessment is necessary to determine if the children should be exposed to the other party in a non-supervised setting or not.  In addition, going forward a party may choose to have a best interest analysis done so that an expert may determine what is in the best interest of the children as regards custody and parenting time.  

Divorce and When To Leave the House.

Nov 29, 2015 @ 06:16 PM — by Michael Green

Divorce and When To Leave the House. The question comes up often, when can I leave the house if I am considering a divorce. Does that mean that I have abandoned the house. What if I have children, can I leave with the children. These are all very good questions, that are often fact dependent. Regardless, often, there is no problem with a party leaving the marital residence prior to a divorce becoming finalized, but it can be dependent on whether or not the status quo bills for the parties marital residence, spousal support and child support are being paid. If there is a an issue of domestic violence that must be taken into account as to whether or not a party must leave the marital residence. Call us if you have questions regarding these issues. 

Divorce in a Setting of Domestic Violence and Temporary Restraining Orders

Aug 11, 2015 @ 07:59 AM — by Michael Green

If you are getting divorced and there have been temporary or final restraining orders filed, there are things you need to know.  Domestic violence may impact a divorce in many ways, including the proceedings that are allowed.  At Green & Associates, as divorce lawyers and family lawyers, we have dealt with many divorces that have a Temporary or Final Restraining order filed, please call us for a free consultation regarding this very important issue at our East Brunswick office at 732-390-0480 or our Fort Lee office at 201-242-1119.  

Domestic Violence, Temporary Restraining Orders and Final Restraining Orders - What You Need to Know

Sep 30, 2013 @ 12:51 PM — by Michael Green



Domestic violence is a serious subject that needs to be addressed on many levels both legally and procedurally. Michael S. Green has had a great deal of experience with domestic violence cases and final restraining order hearings and trials.

Parties need to be aware that past allegations of domestic violence are to be considered by the Court when determining whether or not a Final Restraining Order will be issued. When filing a domestic violence complaint, prior allegations must be part of the four corners of any complaint in order to be considered by the Court.

Generally, if a client is concerned about domestic violence, they should be aware that if they feel threatened by the actions of the other party, they can file a domestic violence complaint with their local police station and/or their county family court.