Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Christmas Season and New Jersey Family Law

Dec 11, 2017 @ 05:48 PM — by Michael Green

The Christmas season and holiday season generally brings familys together.  There are times where things become difficult and questions are raised as to the future.  If you have questions about your future and want answers regarding family law matters such as divorce, call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick divorce or Fort Lee divorce offices and speak with our NJ divorce lawyer about your case.  We have twenty years of litigation experience and many hundreds of divorces cases behind us in all areas, including postjudgment divorce motions about alimony, child support, college tuition and expenses.  Call us today!  And, don't forget to ask us about flat fees for your uncontested divorce case.

Thanksgiving and When You Need a Family Law, NJ Divorce Consultation

Nov 21, 2017 @ 11:48 AM — by Michael Green

With the holiday season upon us,Thanksgiving and Christmas, many reflect upon their lives and where they wish to go in the future.  Matters of family law and divorce are difficult subjects at this time of year, but they are also matters that can help you move forward with your life in a positive direction.  Call us at Green & Associates for your free family law or NJ divorce consultation today at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 and let us help you move forward in a positive way with your life.  We are here to help you in our East Brunswick and Fort Lee offices!  

New Jersey Divorce and the Timing of Drafting a NJ Property Settlement Divorce Agreement or NJ Matrimonial Settlement Agreement

Sep 13, 2016 @ 03:42 PM — by Michael Green

New Jersey Divorce and the Timing of Drafting a NJ Property Settlement Divorce Agreement or NJ Matrimonial Settlement Agreement.  Ultimately, the parties to a New Jersey divorce will need to have drafted a property settlement agreement that contains all the terms of their divorce if they are not going to trial.  Since, most cases in NJ Family Court settle and do not go to trial, most will settle using a divorce agreement.  The terms of the agreement includes child custody, child support, alimony or spousal support and equitable distribution of assets, debts and liabilities.  Generally, if the parties can come to terms soon in the litigation an agreement can be drafted right away and their case can be put through as an uncontested divorce within 3-4 months of filing the divorce complaint, sometimes even sooner depending on service of the complaint etc. 

Family Court Trends in Motion Practice and PostJudgment Motions, Plenary Hearings and Mediation

Jun 9, 2016 @ 04:02 PM — by Michael Green

If you have recently filed a motion for child support, child custody or alimony modification, or relocation or a postjudgment motion regarding the payment of shared expenses for children, you have likely run into the new trend in family court in New Jersey, the frequent ordering of the parties to mediation or a plenary hearing without deciding the issues.  The Court's it seems are getting more and more bogged down with motion practice and supported by case law are much more likely to order parties to mediation or a plenary hearing to decide their issues.  If you are facing a plenary hearing or future mediation as a result of filing a motion and are looking for assistance from an experienced divorce attorney or divorce lawyer, call us now at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation.  We have night appointments as well.  

Divorce and Responding to Settlement Offers in a Property Settlement Agreement or Matrimonial Settlement Agreement

Feb 24, 2016 @ 01:14 PM — by Michael Green

Divorce and Responding to Settlement Offers in a Property Settlement Agreement or Matrimonial Settlement Agreement. When responding to offers made for settlement a party must be careful to advise the other party that any offer or demand is confidential and part of settlement negotiations so that their communications do not end up in court cited in some motion as evidence of a position or agreement to a term.  If you need help drafting your Property Settlement Agreement or Matrimonial Settlement Agreement in a divorce regarding the terms for child support, child custody, alimony or spousal support or equitable distribution of assets and debts, including the marital residence, retirement accounts such as a 401k or IRA or pension, please call us for a free consultation at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee office. 

A New Year and a New Divorce, Really? What does that mean?

Dec 31, 2015 @ 09:01 AM — by Michael Green

If you are planning to become divorced in 2016, it has ramifications for a whole host of things that deal with your economic well-being.  First, you can no longer file jointly on your taxes in the tax year you are divorced.  Second, you have to determine, if there is still a marital residence where the mortgage and property taxes are being paid, who is going to take those deductions, the Husband or the Wife.  Third, in terms of spousal support, if it is being paid, it is a deduction for the party paying for alimony, and taxable income to the party receiving alimony.  Here's wishing you good luck and good fortune in the New Year, from Green & Associates, your divorce law and family law, New Jersey divorce lawyer and divorce attorney practice with an NJ divorce lawyer and NJ divorce attorney available to assist you in your divorce law and family law needs.

Happy New Year from Green & Associates, Divorce and Family Law Practice!

Dec 29, 2015 @ 10:43 AM — by Michael Green

Here at Green & Associates, your divorce and family law practice, in East Brunswick and Fort Lee, we wish everyone a Happy New Year!  We are here to serve all of your needs in family law and divorce, including as divorce lawyers and family lawyers and divorce attorneys and family law attorneys, child support, custody, alimony, equitable distribution, marital agreements, domestic violence, paternity, and all other divorce and family law issues.  We are serving in the surrounding area in Middlesex and Bergen counties most counties in the State of New Jersy.  So, if you are looking for a NJ divorce lawyer or a NJ divorce attorney, or are looking for flat fees for certain services such as a limited uncontested divorce or default divorce or annulment,

Divorce and Family Law around Christmas and New Years, We're Available for Consultations, Ask Us About Our Flat Fees

Dec 23, 2015 @ 02:03 PM — by Michael Green

Divorce and Family Law around Christmas and New Years, Ask Us About Our Flat Fees.  Generally, around this time of year, issues of divorce or family law are difficult for parties to deal with.  But, there are those that which to move forward with these issues in anticipation of the New Year.  For those that do, Green & Associates offers flat fees or flat rates for limited uncontested divorces and for certain other services such as certain postjudgment motions.  If you are thinking about moving forward with a divorce or motion, call us in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee office at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation.  We are available during the holiday season, including divorce lawyer and divorce attorney and family lawyer, Michael Green, and will be in the office this week and next week to answer your questions or to schedule consultations.

Divorce and Child Support - Paying Direct to a Former Spouse v. Paying Direct to the Probation Department v. Wage Garnishment

Dec 22, 2015 @ 04:16 PM — by Michael Green

Child support is generally paid through the probation department of the courts, a state entity, that is essentially a state disbursement unit or SDU.  If the parties agree otherwise, it may be paid directly from one party to the other.  if you are paying through probation, you may pay direct to probation or you may have your wages garnished by probation.  Either way, the money is received from probation and then disbursed to the custodial parent.  The non-custodial parent is paying the child support.  

Areas that Our Offices Serve for Divorce and Family Law

Dec 7, 2015 @ 06:23 PM — by Michael Green

Please be advised that we served the following areas for divorce law and family law:

East Brunswick office:  East Brunswick, Old Bridge, Monroe Township, Piscataway, Sayreville, Spotswood, Parlin, Milltown, Somerset, Franklin Park, South Brunswick, North Brunswick, Edison, Iselin.

Fort Lee Office:  Fort Lee, Cliffside Park, Leonia, Edgewater, Teaneck, Palisades Park, Englewood, Ridgefield, Fairview, Bogota, Little Ferry. 

Generally, we serve the following counties in New Jersey:  Middlesex (New Brunswick courthouse), Bergen (Hackensack courthouse), Monmouth (Freehold courthouse), Mercer (Trenton courthouse) , Union (Elizabeth courthouse), Essex (Newark courthouse), Hudson (Jersey City courthouse).