Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Divorce from Bed and Board - The Implications

Feb 25, 2016 @ 01:09 PM — by Michael Green

Divorce from Bed and Board - The Implications.  When the parties are seeking a divorce and one of the parties needs to continue on the other party's health insurance, in some instances, the parties may obtain in New Jersey a divorce from bed and board, which is not an absolute divorce.  A divorce from bed and board allows with some health insurance a party to remain on the health insurance of the other party so long as the parties do not have an absolute divorce.  If your divorce has issues regarding health insurance, or if your divorce needs to be converted to an absolute divorce, contact our office at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation regarding your divorce.  We have an East Brunswick divorce attorney and East Brunswick divorce lawyer or Fort Lee Divorce Attorney or Fort Lee Divorce lawyer to assist you.  Night and weekend appointments are available.

Divorce Services in New Jersey including East Brunswick, Fort Lee and Middlesex, Somerset, Bergen, Union, Monmouth and Mercer Counties

Jul 7, 2015 @ 04:50 PM — by Michael Green

At Green & Associates, we provide divorce services through our offices in East Brunswick and Fort Lee, covering Middlesex, Somerset, Bergen, Monmouth, Mercer and Union Counties in New Jersey.  

Our services include uncontested divorces, default divorces, contested divorces, and mediation-friendly divorces.  In addition to divorce services, we provide all manner of family law services, including post-judgment divorce motion practice, child custody and child support modification, alimony modification, college tuition and expenses motions, and relocation or removal motion practice.

We offer flat fees for certain services and are mindful of litigation costs for our clients.  Call us now for a free consultation at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119, we offer night and weekend appointments as well.

Relocation of Children out of the State of New Jersey and the Filing of Motions for Relocation

Nov 25, 2014 @ 12:10 PM — by Michael Green

 If you are seeking to relocate out of the State of New Jersey with a child that is a product of a divorce or a relationship, you will likely need to file a motion with the Court seeking an Order that permits you to relocate. If your ex-spouse or ex-partner does not consent to the relocation, in the State of New Jersey, relocation is not permissible without a Court Order. At Green & Associates, your New Jersey Family Law Office, we can file the motion and litigate the issue for you. Call us at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation.

Domestic Violence, Temporary Restraining Orders and Final Restraining Orders - What You Need to Know

Sep 30, 2013 @ 12:51 PM — by Michael Green



Domestic violence is a serious subject that needs to be addressed on many levels both legally and procedurally. Michael S. Green has had a great deal of experience with domestic violence cases and final restraining order hearings and trials.

Parties need to be aware that past allegations of domestic violence are to be considered by the Court when determining whether or not a Final Restraining Order will be issued. When filing a domestic violence complaint, prior allegations must be part of the four corners of any complaint in order to be considered by the Court.

Generally, if a client is concerned about domestic violence, they should be aware that if they feel threatened by the actions of the other party, they can file a domestic violence complaint with their local police station and/or their county family court.