Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

NJ Divorce Free Consult and Flat Fees, Call Us Today!

Oct 31, 2017 @ 09:23 AM — by Michael Green

Our New Jersey divorce offices in East Brunswick and Fort Lee are available for free consultations during the day and at NIGHT!  Call us now for your free divorce consultation with our experienced NJ divorce lawyer at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119.

New Jersey Divorce With Affordable Legal Fees

Oct 17, 2017 @ 12:03 PM — by Michael Green

If you are seeking a New Jersey divorce with affordable legal fees, look no further, contact us at Green & Associates where are mediation friendly and have an affordable legal fee structure, including flat fees for an uncontested divorce.  Call us now at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation today, evenings and weekends available.  And ask us about our flat fees for an uncontested divorce.  Our years of experience with postjudgment motion practice and custody trials will also serve you in your family law matters as well.  If you are seeking to modify alimony or child custody, call us and ask us about our flat fees for specific services in these matters as well.

Notice of Proposed Judgment in a New Jersey Divorce

Oct 27, 2016 @ 01:00 PM — by Michael Green

Notice of Proposed Judgment of Divorce in a New Jersey Divorce.  A Notice of Proposed Judgment of Divorce must be served upon a party in default twenty days prior to the default hearing date in a divorce, if the NPJ is not served timely then the Plaintiff will have to have the NPJ reserved for another day in order to provide the proper notice to a defendant in default in a New Jersey divorce in the New Jersey Family Courts.  Generally, a plaintiff files a complaint for divorce and serves it with a summons upon the defendant, the other party.  

The defendant has 35 days to answer or enter an appearance in the case.  If they do not file either an answer or an appearance, then that party is in default and the plaintiff may go forward without the defendant.  


New Jersey Divorce and PostJudgment Motions for Modification of Alimony or Child Support or Child Custody

Sep 26, 2016 @ 03:28 PM — by Michael Green

New Jersey Divorce and PostJudgment Motions for Modification of Alimony or Child Support  or Child Custody.  After a NJ Divorce, one or the other party may seek a modification of alimony or child support based on a substantial change in circumstances.  A substantial change in circumstance might include the loss or change of employment, the decrease or increase in one or the other parties income, a good faith reason for relocation out of the State of New Jersey for a job or to be by family, a change in the amount or the actual times that a party works and where they work etc.  If a party wishes to modify they generally have to file a motion, unless the other party consents to what they are seeking in terms of relief or a change in the terms of any prior Property or Matrimonial Settlement Agreement, previously filed with the NJ Family Court.

NJ Divorce When Dealing with Foreign Defendants

Sep 23, 2016 @ 10:44 AM — by Michael Green

NJ Divorce When Dealing with Foreign Defendants.  Often in today's times, Defendants in a New Jersey Divorce live outside the United States, what does that mean in terms of accomplishing a divorce in New Jersey.  Generally, the main issue is service of process, serving in a way that is granted by the Court the Defendant the summons and complaint for divorce and any other documents necessary in the future of the litigation e.g. Notice of Proposed Judgment (if you are seeking child custody, child support, alimony or equitable distribution of assets or debts).  If you are only seeking a divorce, then service of the summons and complaint is what is necessary and if personal service cannot be accomplished then a Motion for Substituted Service or Service by Publication in a local newspaper, where the Defendant's last known address is, may be necessary.