Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Divorce and Motions on Short Notice for Equitable Relief and Enforcement Actions

Sep 30, 2015 @ 12:36 PM — by Michael Green

Motion practice in divorce occurs when a matter is contested and must be litigated through the courts, requiring a court to order relief for the parties.  Generally, the motion calendar with the courts is on a 24 day motion cycle, meaning that parties file a motion, an opposition is then filed, and then a reply is filed.  Thereafter, the court hears the motion on the return date and may rule on it on the papers alone or require oral argument or require a plenary hearing, where testimony is taken, in order to decide the motion.  A motion on short notice may be filed when there is good cause for the motion to be heard sooner than may be allowed on the regular motion cycle.  If you have a matter in a divorce  or family law matter that may require motion practice with the court, please call Green & Associates, at 732-390-0480 in our East Brunswick office or at 201-242-1119 in our Fort Lee office for a free consultation. Night appointments are available.

Postjudgment Divorce - Enforcement Motions for a Matrimonial Settlement Agreement or Property Settlement Agreement for Alimony, Child Support or Custody

Aug 25, 2015 @ 06:25 PM — by Michael Green

Often after a divorce, one party or the other does not follow the agreement between the parties, the Matrimonial Settlement Agreement or Property Settlement Agreement.   A term for alimony or child support or parenting time may not be followed.   It is up to the other party, if the alimony had not been court ordered to be paid through the Probation Department, State Disbursement Unit, to file a motion to enforce litigant's rights, a motion requesting that the court order the party to pay up the arrears and/or to also have it paid through the Probation Department going forward.  If you have a postjudgment motion issue to enforce the terms of your Matrimonial Settlement Agreement or Property Settlement Agreement, please call Green & Asssociates in our East Brunswick office at 732-390-0480 or in our Fort Lee office at 201-242-1119 for a free consultation.  Night appointments are also available.


Motion Practice in Family Law - Divorce, Alimony, Child Support, Custody Modification

Jun 10, 2015 @ 08:37 AM — by Michael Green

 In divorce and family law settings, there often comes a time when motion practice is necessary.  Here at Green & Associates, we can help you, call us now at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 to get started!

 We'll work with you to draft your certification and compile your exhibits for your motion, whether it be for modification of child support, child custody, relocation or removal of a child from the State of New Jersey, modification of alimony, termination of alimony, or enforcement of a property or matrimonial settlement agreement. 

 We'll fight for you to win your motion!