Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

New Jersey Motions for Child Custody, Relocation and College Expenses

Aug 24, 2017 @ 11:14 AM — by Michael Green

Call us now for a free consultation regarding your motion for child custody, child relocation or college expenses in New Jersey, whether regarding a NJ divorce or postjudgment motion.  Call us now at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick divorce or Fort Lee divorce offices.  Our NJ divorce lawyer has the years of experience with trials and motions on child custody, child relocation and college expenses that you'll want for your case.  Michael S. Green at Green & Associates is the NJ divorce lawyer and NJ divorce attorney that can help you, having dealt with experts necessary to deal with all of these issues in court and on trial.

Motion for Removal or Relocation and College Tuition and Expenses

Oct 22, 2015 @ 09:41 AM — by Michael Green

Often during a divorce process or postjudgment after a divorce, one of the parties wishes to relocate out of the State of New Jersey with a child of the marriage.  If the other party does not consent to the removal of the child and if that issue is not part of a martrimonial settlement agreement, the parties will likely have to litigate this issue.  Those parties that are the parent of primary residence will have to show good cause for the removal, which may include the presence of a job or family or special services for the child in the State where the party wishes to relocate.  If you have relocation issue or issue regarding the payment of college tuition and expenses, call Green & Associates now to set up a free consultation as to how you may best proceed with your case at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119.

Motions for Relocation and What You Need to Know

Jan 28, 2015 @ 05:15 PM — by Michael Green

 If you are seeking to relocate with your child out of the State or if the parent of primary residence is seeking to relocate, you may be facing the filing of a motion for relocation. In New Jersey, both parents of a child must consent to the relocation or a Court must order the relocation in order for a child to be relocated outside the State of New Jersey.

Upon the filing of a motion for relocation, the Court will consider the status quo of the parties as to custody and parenting time and who is the parent of primary residence.

If a parent is the parent of primary residence, they will have to show good cause for the relocation, which may include a position of employment or family located in the area of relocation. A Court may consider ordering a plenary hearing, a trial where evidence is submitted and testimony is taken, to determine whether or not to allow the relocation.

Divorce and Family Lawyer in East Brunswick and Fort Lee

Nov 23, 2014 @ 08:08 PM — by Michael Green

 Call our offices in East Brunswick or Fort Lee at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 for a free consultation for your divorce or family law issue. 

Relocation or Removal Motions - What you need to know in New Jersey

Dec 9, 2013 @ 06:29 PM — by Michael Green

When one parent wishes to relocate to another state or remove a child from New Jersey to another state, if that parent cannot obtain consent of the other parent, generally, a motion for removal or relocation is necessary.