Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Divorce and Motions for Pendente Lite Relief or Motions Pending the Divorce

Oct 6, 2015 @ 05:39 PM — by Michael Green

Pending a divorce, if the parties have separated from each other, one party may need support for either spousal support or child support in order to maintain the status quo pending the divorce.  Generally, the marital residence must be maintained pending the divorce, which includes continuing to pay the carrying costs for the marital residence such as the mortgage, taxes, homeowner's insurance and utilities.  If there is a great disparity in income and the party making more money chooses to discontinue payments for the status quo, then the other party may have to file a motion for pendente lite relief.  Such a motion may include requests  for unallocated support,  and a request for a litigation fund for attorney's fees.  If you have an issue regarding support pending your divorce, please call Green & Associates at 732-390-0480 in our Fort Lee office or at 201-242-1119 in our Fort Lee office.  Night appointments are available.