Share Us On:


Green & Associates, LLC Blog

Divorce and Default Hearings

Jun 7, 2016 @ 03:56 PM — by Michael Green

If a party files for a divorce and the other party does not answer the complaint or appear in the case within 35 days, they will be in default and default may be entered against them by the Court.  In that instance, the other party may go forward without them and potentially name their own terms for a divorce that may include alimony, child custody, child support and equitable distribution.  However, in this instance, it is incumbent upon the party filing the complaint to serve the other party with a Notice of Proposed Judgment at least 20 days in advance of the default hearing date.  If you are seeking a default divorce, call Green & Associates at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119 in our East Brunswick or Fort Lee offices, where our experienced NJ divorce lawyer and NJ divorce attorney can speak with in a free consultation.  We offer flat fees for specific services associated with a default divorce. 

Divorce and Uncontested v. Contested Divorces, How Flat Fees May Be Used to Save You Money

Feb 8, 2016 @ 11:54 AM — by Michael Green

In an uncontested divorce as opposed to a contested divorce, flat fees may be used to save you money.  If you have an amicable divorce, where the parties know the terms of their divorce as to equitable distribution of assets and debts, alimony or spousal support, child support and child custody, a flat fee may be negotiated for specific services regarding a limited uncontested divorce.  A divorce where a property settlement agreement is drafted with all the terms of your divorce may make it easier for you to settle with your spouse about the terms of your divorce as you have a basis for discussion.  If you can agree on those terms, a divorce may be put through as a default divorce or uncontested divorce within generally the first three to four months of filing the complaint for divorce.  If you wish to have an uncontested divorce with a flat fee for services, call us to discuss your case in a free consultation today at 732-390-0480 or 201-242-1119.